What is product liability?
It is the act of holding the producer or vendor into account for offering a flawed product to a consumer. All the players along the distribution chain of a product that causes injury or death are considered responsible parties.
The defects leading to injury are classified as follows:
- Design defects – The origin of this fault is in the design part of the manufacturing process. There could have been a flaw in the plan.
- Manufacturing Defects – They occur at the time of the invention of the merchandise.
- Marketing Defects – Wrong labeling, providing falsified or inadequate information and failing to provide enough warnings about the product are all mistakes that attributed to the marketing phase.
What happens in the case of a fatality?
When mortality occurs, as a result of a defective product, it is important to notify a product liability attorney whose role will be to assist the next of kin file a lawsuit against those responsible for the death.
Salim-Beasley LLC, a qualified product liability attorney with offices in Louisiana, is an expert in such cases. He will help you file your claims for prompt compensation.
The law requires that the filing of the entitlement happen within two years after the event happening. It will assist in the following ways:
- Paying for the medical bills and other expenses incurred by the deceased
- Filling the gap of loss of income to the dependents
- Other costs associated with the death.
What is the procedure of claim in case of an injury?
A person injured by a faulty product needs to contact a qualified attorney, who will assemble a team of experts to give a testimony required to establish a fault. Your claims and compensation get processed fast.
Salim-Beasley LLC is a chief defender and an activist of mass torts; a case where some people sue one individual or company for injury due to a defective product. He has the organs and the ability to mobilize, coordinate and win mass cases. He ensures that all plaintiffs receive excellent representation and compensation.